Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Birthday Season!

Birthday Season in our house is in full swing.  Poor Charlie, he is our outlier birthday.  Hopefully the next kid (or two) will have a birthday close to his so he doesn't feel left out.  Of course he may like having his birthday far from everyone else as he won't have to share a party with anyone.

Today is my birthday.  Everyone has that age where they just feel is OLD.  25 has always been that age for me, so I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that today I'm a quarter of a century old.  Yesterday Chris took me to Best Buy to buy my birthday gift.  A brand new laptop! And it's a very nice laptop too!  Its a gaming laptop even though I'm not a gamer - so it will be able to handle everything I need it too, which is mostly web browsing, and homeschooling.  It has a built in webcam which will be really nice when Chris is deployed.  On Saturday Chris is taking me to the movies and out for lunch and dinner.

Tomorrow Charlie turns 3 months old! I can't believe it's already been 3 months.  He is such a happy baby - as long as he's being held or played with.  It's made homeschooling hard, but I figure we won't need to go super hard until school would normally start anyway so I'm trying not to stress about it too much.

On Saturday David is turning 2!  It seems so crazy to me that it's only been 2 years since he was born.  He is such a character it seems like so much longer.  His bandage from surgery just fell off today, leaving about a 1.5 inch scar.  His favorite thing to do is walk around acting like a little monster.  Even at his worse he is absolutely adorable, and I have a feeling he'll be quite the comedian in years to come.

On Sunday Anastasia turns 4!  She alternates between being a little mommy who is an absolute joy and helper to being Miss Diva who thinks she can do as she pleases without repercussions.  One day she'll switch the laundry without even being asked, just does it because it needs to be done.  The other day it will take 12 hours to get her to clean her playroom clean and when punished we are met with, "but mommy, it's me... Anastasia!" as if that means she can't get in trouble. Which if anyone has any ideas on how to get a child to clean let me know! I've tried everything!

At the end of August Anthony is turning 6.  I've been a mother for nearly 6 years.  It's been a wonderful, crazy. stressful, loving, difficult 6 years.  Anthony is a third of his way through the years he'll spend with Chris and me.  He's turned to be an intellectually brilliant child but emotionally he can be very trying.  He has a new best friend, his stuffed white and blue dog named Bugsy.  We hear of Bugsy's amazing adventures and talents daily.  Bugsy can fly, has armor, is 28 years old, speaks like a human and eats like a human, doesn't like the dark, and has an invisible penis on his head that is so big he can reach the potty by sitting on the sink.  It's quite adorable and sometimes a little eyebrow raising.

A week after Anthony's birthday, exactly, is Chris's 27th birthday. We are so old!

No comments:

Post a Comment