Sunday, August 29, 2010

Switched medications

I've been planning a long overdue "Back to School" post, and when I feel the energy to do so I will post it.  It will be a picture filled post of our back to school stuff.

I finally was seen at the pain clinic last week.  They've switched me to dilaudid 4 times a day with 2 additional pills for break through pain.  It's reducing the overall pain pretty well but the acute pain is still pretty bad.  The Plaquenil is beginning to work and my swelling in my elbow is going down for the first time in 2 years.  This is great, however with the swelling reduced my bones are now rubbing together all the time - this is the most disgusting feeling.  So right now I'm trying to adjust to the new meds which make me very sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment