Monday, January 17, 2011

Day out with the girls, and day out with my little girl

Last Wednesday my girlfriends and I had one of our frequent Girls Night Out. We try to do this a few times a month to get away and have adult conversation, and an uninterrupted meal. This time was a more sullen occasion as we were trying to cheer a friend up who, sadly, had a miscarriage. We went out on Wednesday night because she was having her D&C on Friday and I really wanted to take her out prior to it. So we all headed out to Chili's. Chili's is my ultimate favorite restaurant and normally we do a semi-sit down restaurant but this time we wanted a full on sit down.

We stayed an awful long time. One of my friends said we were getting death glares from the wait staff, which made no sense as the place was half empty. Charlie wasn't the most happy baby in the world, but he does pretty well when we go out. All in all it was awesome - until the very end. I tapped my knee on the pole under the table and managed to severely dislocate my knee cap. I looked down at my knee when this happened and my knee cap was rotated to the back of my leg. I have never felt that TYPE of pain. I sort of threw Charlie at my friend and started trying to massage my knee back. My three friends didn't really know what was going on, which is what I wanted. I really don't like my health being upfront and center. The pain was almost an outer body experience. I could feel it, but it wasn't like it was my pain. I actually felt as if I was going to pass out. My head started swimming and my vision started tunneling. It took about 5 minutes to finish massaging it back into place and we left shortly after that. It was absolutely nauseating. My knee is not a joint I dislocate often, so it hurts a lot more when it happens.


Today I took Anastasia out to buy my friend a gift, and for lunch. My friends and I are doing another Girls Night Out this Friday at Paneras so we can do our $5 gift exchange. I was to buy a gift for my friend who miscarried. Originally when I got her name she was still pregnant so I was going to buy her a baby gift, but that would be quite tacky to do now so I went out and got her something else. Since we only had a $5 gift limit I went to the Dollar Tree and bought her stuff to make a bubble bath basket. I bought a basket, a loofah, bubble bath, a vanilla candle, and a book. I let Anastasia buy herself something too. She kept picking up toys and putting them back and finally decided on a blue ball. Thats my daughter! I let her get herself a white teddy bear with a pink bow too which she named "Soph". We now have dolls/toys named Sophia, Sophie, and Soph. Afterwards I took her to lunch at Wheatfields. I left Charlie at home because he was napping, and she was so thrilled to just be the two of us. I really enjoyed just having the two of us. We colored together and shared our food, and I let her get the biggest piece of cake I've ever seen. She hardly ate any and asked to bring it home to share with her brothers. So sweet :) I'm glad I was able to take her out. I'm definitely going to do it more often. She feels lost a lot of the time being the only girl with three brothers - I think it's important that she spend one on one time with me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's miscarriage. Your knee dislocating sounds incredibly painful. Fortunately I haven't dislocated my knee (yet). My worst joints are my ankles and wrists, both subluxing all the time. That's nice you got to go out with Anastasia. It's adorable the way she's been naming her dolls. :-)

    ReplyDelete