Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Broken Glass Jello

I made this a few days ago and it's been a HUGE hit with the kids. The recipe is super simple, easy to make, cheap, and looks and tastes amazing.

Ingredients:

4 boxes of Jello (I used Raspberry, Lime, Orange, and Blue berry)
2 packets of unflavored gelatin (each box has 4 packets, I did NOT know this until after I bought the ingredients.)
1 can of Condensed sweetened milk (not the same as evaporated milk)


Start by taking 4 square containers, I used tupperware, and dumping the different packets of Jello in them. Ooooh pretty!


Prepare the Jello like normal, and place in fridge to cool. It's recommended you have a LOT of time for this to cool. I did not, and my jello didn't come out of the tupperwares as pretty as it could have.


Once the jello is ready cut into square blocks and place in a large dish. Prepare the plain gelatin by adding 1/2 cup of cold water to it (in a separate dish) and waiting just a minute. Meanwhile boil 1.5 cups of water and pour on top, and dissolve the gelatin completely. Add the condensed milk, stir, and cool to room temperature (otherwise you'll melt your jello when you pour it on top).

Once cooled pour over top of your jello cubes, and chill in the fridge for a few hours, preferably overnight. Cut and serve!!


You can see mine isn't as pretty because my jello didn't cube up as well, but the kids loved it and thats the important thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment