Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bon Jovi!!!!

Last night I attended a concert I've been wanting desperately to see for a good decade now.  I got to experience, in person, the awesomeness of Jon Bon Jovi!  Bon Jovi is really the only concert I've ever really desperately wanted to attend, I like music but his music is especially special to me.  It really got me through some really tough times and some tough years.  When I found out he was coming to Omaha I literally screamed and called Chris and begged him to find some way to get tickets.  I've never been able to go because I've always had a young nursling at home who I couldn't leave for any length of time - so the timing this time was just perfect.  

As frugal as I am I still wanted some Bon Jovi merchandise, regardless of the insane prices.  I wanted to get myself something and I wanted to get Charlie something since this was his first concert.  I ended up getting a pink Bon Jovi hoodie for myself, and Charlie ended up with an amazingly soft brown Bon Jovi blanket.  I wanted a medium hoodie since hoodies can be worn larger, but they only had small and larges left.  The small was already big on me, so there was no way the large would remotely fit.  I'm not sure how much more wear I'll get out of it this year, but I will definitely wear it next year!

The opening act was DashBoard Confessional, which was a little strange.  They aren't bad, but they aren't really the same type of music as Bon Jovi either.  

The concert itself was AMAZING!  Absolutely amazing.  It was everything I was hoping it would be.  He played a good mix of his newer stuff and his older stuff.  I had told Chris that it be a sign, a great sign, if he played "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night".  It's not one of his more well known songs, or his more popular songs, but it's my absolute favorite song and really means a lot to me.  Chris told me not to get my hopes up, but towards the end of the concert he began playing it. I squealed and sang along as loud as I could.  I was one of the few singing along to that song, but I was thrilled he played it.

"Someday I'll Be Saturday Night lyrics
Hey, man I'm alive I'm takin' each day and night at a time
I'm feelin' like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night

Hey, my name is Jim, where did I go wrong
My life's a bargain basement, all the good shit's gone
I just can't hold a job, where do I belong
I'm sleeping in my car, my dreams move on

My name is Billy Jean, my love was bought and sold
I'm only sixteen, I feel a hundred years old
My foster daddy went, took my innocence away
The street life aint much better, but at least I get paid

And Tuesday just might go my way
It can't get worse than yesterday
Thursdays, Fridays ain't been kind
But somehow I'll survive

Hey man I'm alive I'm takin' each day and night at a time
Yeah I'm down, but I know I'll get by
Hey hey hey hey, man gotta live my life
Like I ain't got nothin' but this roll of the dice
I'm feelin' like a Monday, but someday I'll be Saturday night

Now I can't say my name, and tell you where I am
I want to roll myself away, don't know if I can

I wish that I could be in some other time and place
With someone elses soul, someone elses face

Oh, Tuesday just might go my way
It can't get worse than yesterday
Thursdays, Fridays ain't been kind
But somehow I'll survive

Hey, man I'm alive I'm takin' each day and night at a time
Yeah I'm down, but I know I'll get by
Hey hey hey hey, man gotta live my life
I'm gonna pick up all the pieces and what's left of my pride
I'm feelin' like a Monday, but someday I'll be Saturday night

Saturday night Here we go
Some day I'll be Saturday night
I'll be back on my feet, I'll be doin' alright
It may not be tomorrow baby, that's OK
I ain't goin' down, gonna find a way, hey hey hey

Hey man I'm alive I'm takin' each day and night at a time
Yeah, I'm down, but I know I'll get by
Hey hey hey hey, man, gotta live my life
Like I ain't got nothin' but this roll of the dice
I'm feelin' like a Monday, but someday I'll be Saturday night
I'm feelin' like a Monday, but someday I'll be Saturday night
Saturday night __,all right, all right
Saturday night __"

The bolded are the lyrics that really mean the most to me and have gotten me through a lot of tough times.

At the end he played a song off his new album and left the stage.  A bunch of people started heading out and I told Chris they were dumb - that he hadn't played "Wanted" or "Livin' on a Prayer" yet and there was no way he wasn't going to play those two.  Everyone was doing the cell phone light up thing waiting for him to come on, except those who left.  Sure enough a few minutes later he ran back on stage and played, "Runaway", "Wanted", and "Livin' on a Prayer".  He played all my favorites except, "Love Song" and "Bed of Roses" so I was totally stoked.  

My hands are pretty much in the most pain I've ever felt today.  I kept forgetting my pain and clapping and then remembering.  Hopefully in a few days they'll be better.  I hope I can see him in concert again before he retires! 

No comments:

Post a Comment