Sunday, January 3, 2010

Family Day Out

Anastasia has been asking us for months if she could get her ears pierced.  She had it done as an infant but at 8 months we took them out and let her ears heal up.  A few months ago my friend had her daughters ears done and since then Anastasia has been begging to get hers done as well.  We kept telling her that it would hurt, but she didn't mind.  We told her if she still wanted it done after Christmas we'd do it.  The day after Christmas she asked again, so yesterday we decided to just do a family day out and pierce her ears at the same time.  



It was -15 out so we took her to the indoor mall instead of the outdoor one.  I was so worried that she would get one ear done and then decide it hurt too much to do the second one.  She was such a trooper!  She didn't even cry with the first ear, she just shut her eyes tight, and cringed just a bit with the second ear.  She's so proud of her new earrings.  She didn't want to even sleep last night because we warned her that she can't touch them or they'll get infected.


 Afterward we took the kids to the food court to each lunch.  I wanted to take Anastasia somewhere more special, since we were calling this her special day, but she wanted Burger King - so the food court it was. Chris and I were planning to take the kids to see a movie at the base theater, Planet 51, but Chris read some pretty horrible reviews so we went to see "The Princess Frog" in the mall instead.  It was a really cute movie.  Anastasia cringed at the alligators, and David fell asleep half way through, but for the most part the kids loved it.  

After that we looked around the mall for a bit, and then we headed out to Walmart.  Chris needed some new socks, and he got me a pair of comfy sweat pants too!  We decided to continue on the family day and picked up some frozen pizza to do "pizza and movie night" at home.  Unfortunately we chose "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" which the kids loved but Chris and I couldn't sit through.

The kids were exhausted by the end of the day, but we all enjoyed ourselves.  

Today we packed up Christmas, took down our very dead tree, and put away the decorations.  Chris can't toss the tree on the curb until we cut some of the trunk off to decorate for next year, which he plans to do tomorrow.  My front window is still decorated with the artwork we did, and as soon as I snap a memory picture that will come down too.  I need to find a valentines art project to replace it.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you guys had a great day! I can't believe how big Anastasia is.... it seems like she should still be a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that she'll be starting school this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, good for her. Savannah says she'll be brave enough "when she's six"... I believe it was when she's five a year ago...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, she's so pretty. I love her little earrings. :) I don't know when Cecilia will ask for earrings, but I think she'll be a little trooper too.

    ReplyDelete