Friday, January 1, 2010

Tandem nursing

I have been nursing every day of my life for the past 3 yeas and 5 months. Sadly, I think this may be coming to an end.  I started this pregnancy fully expecting that when the babe was born I would end up TRIandem nursing - now I'm not even sure I'll be Tandem nursing.  Anastasia is down to only nursing a few times a week - and only for a few seconds at that.  David will nurse if offered to him, but never asks for it anymore.  He was never as much into nursing as Anastasia was but I wanted to nurse him until he was at least 2. It seems the dip in my milk supply, due to pregnancy, is deterring him.  He is down to nursing only once a day now, and it's only snacking really.  I knew the day would come when they would wean, I just didn't expect that both of them would do it at the same time! I know we still have a few more nursing sessions left, but it still saddens me that this chapter in their lives, in our relationship, is coming to a close. 

Just a few of the pictures I have of us nursing over the past 3.5 years.  I need to take some more before it's too late.







1 comment:

  1. It broke my heart when my Cecilia started to wean herself. Everyday, she would nurse less and less and I never expected to actually cry about it. The bonding was so wonderful and I cherish the 24 months of her nursing. There was nothing better.

    I am so amazed that you tandem nursed. That's is so wonderful and I would do it if given the opportunity. How inspiring!

    ReplyDelete