Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baby Stuff

There isn't much we need/want in the way of baby gear as we have a lot of hand-me-downs from the other kids.  We did need to replace our infant carseat as ours was near expiration, even though it's a perfectly good carseat.  Carseat safety is not something I compromise on.  We went to Babies R Us yesterday and there were having an amazing deal where if you return a baby item such as a high chair, carseat, crib, ect... they will give you a 25% off coupon on anything in the store.  This was fabulous as we could donate our old, nearly expired carseat and purchase a new one with the coupon!  We also needed to get a single stroller, as all we have are umbrellas and a double that is difficult for me to push.  Carseat/stroller shopping was quite depressing for me.  I realized how badly my arms and hands have atrophied from lack of use.  It was very difficult for me to unsnap the carseat and stroller straps just from strength alone.  I will have a much longer recovery time once I get the surgery.  We ended up buying a Jeep Jogging Stroller because it was very lightweight and very easy to push, and a Graco Snugride carseat because it was compatible with the stroller.  I also got Charlie a few preemie outfits to wear in the first few weeks, and a womb sounds bear.

I still need to buy a Mei Tai (Babyhawk) carrier, a new moby wrap, a steamer for the placenta, pills for the placenta, new drawers for the baby clothes, some new cloth diapers to replace the ones that are wearing out, and some miracle blankets.  I can't believe in as little as 10 weeks he could be here!  My doctor is pretty sure I'll deliver between 35-37 weeks, and that is only 10-12 weeks away!

6 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Ergo carrier? I liked my mei tai and moby wraps at certain stages, but once I got the Ergo (when Sam was born) it became my go-to carrier for all the time for either Sam or Felicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you received the card and DVD I mailed you? I sent it a week ago, but haven't heard from you yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the Ergo carrier and will most likely get one in the future.

    We haven't gotten them yet, Jackie. Did you send them to our new or old address?

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhhh....crap! It was whatever one deanna gave me. Will it get forwarded?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure. It's been a few months since we moved so I don't think it's getting forwarded anymore. They should eventually realize it's not getting picked up and either forward it, or return to sender. WE can't pick it up, it's a lock and key mail center.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I asked mom, and she said they think they forward for up to a year, so I hope so.

    ReplyDelete